Looking for a Few Good . . .
... programmers, graphic artists, and administrative assistants. Thunder Data Systems is looking for one or two amazing, blow-our-socks-off, interns or full time staff members.
What positions are we looking to fill? See Current Positions Available. You tell us. While this is a software and website development company, a significant part of work involves copywriting, marketing, and educating clients. Please come in and tell us why a company like ours (you understand our work because you've read many of the ninety some-odd pages on this site) can benefit from the fresh ideas or knowledge you bring to the table.
We have three primary requirements of our interns:
- Your GPA must be a 3.5 or greater. (If it isn't there, come back to us after you've had a chance to bring your grades up.)
- You have superb oral and written communication skills.
- You can demonstrate why you are our next intern by showing written or documented examples or ideas of your work.
We are a great company, and we need more great people to help us keep on top of our phenomenal growth. We'd love to meet you!
Always Looking for the Best
If you love computers, love stretching the bounds in which you work and have a solid background in either computer programming, website design, database programming or graphic arts, we are interested in hearing from you. Because we are a small company that relies on great performances from our people, we are particularly interested in internship positions that allow us to test each other out, which may very well lead to full-time employment.
In addition to the requirements above, these are the must have elements of our next staff member:
- You are tolerant of everyone, are willing to be taught, and get along with even the geekiest programmers.
- You know enough about computer programming, computer design, marketing, or anything remotely related to the web to be able to talk intelligently. We'd like to know your favorite websites and why.
- You are smart. If you graduated several years ago but your GPA wasn't quite what it should have been, you still can wow us with what you've learned since you've matured.
You may have just developed a love for Perl or PHP and written an outstanding web based program that knocks socks off but has nothing else to exemplify your interest in that field. Or you may love working in Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash and have created a mesmerizing motion graphic that looks like it was made for a smash feature film but not know diddly about writing code. Well, we are less interested in the quantity of your work or the breadth of your knowledge than we are in seeing a small sampling of your superior skills in a single subject area. We want to see stuff that makes us realize we need you! Send in your resume with superb examples of what you know to:
In return for your hard work, dedication and knowledge you will have the opportunity to work in an environment that lets you test your skills and use your imagination. In other words, you'll learn--not just warm a seat while you sit on your duff and tweak your My Space page.
We are a company that likes to have fun, is flexible, and offers a laid-back work environment. Rules are few, creativity is unbounded, but your dedication and great work will give measurable and quantifiable gains to our success.
In addition to a competetive starting salary, after six months of full-time employment we offer to all our employees a significant share of all profits earned by the company--currently paid monthly. We believe nothing shows our commitment to our employees and demonstrates your ability to affect your own income than getting a real piece of the pie.
Our benefits package include:
- Feel-it-in-your-pocket profit sharing
- Medical Insurance
- Frequent lunches
- Reimbursement for the Tools of Our Trades
- Employer paid tickets to the SXSW annual conference
- Friday field trips to Gingerman, NXNW, Draught Haus, and Dog and Duck (These trips exist purely for research purposes and should not be confused with cavalier drinking excursions.)
- Direct deposit
- Flexible schedule
- Company paid Tae Kwon Do student membership (a great team building excercise)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Birthdays off :)
- See our AustinLinks for the places mentioned above
And we're pretty flexible about benefits, too. If you would rather exchange the employer-paid 401K and profit-sharing for some of the standard benefits that other companies offer, we'll give you:
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Accidental Death Insurance
- A handful of paid sick days
- Health Club Membership
The Stuff We're Made Of
The sum of our parts is greater than the whole: each of the people here has lofty ideals of being the best while giving our all. We are dedicated to our work and often develop deep and personal ties with our clients. If we know we cannot meet--or better, exceed--their goals, we will pass up work opportunities rather than make a few dollars. If your moral fabric would make ours even stronger, then you might be a good fit.
In our sixth year in business, we have offices in Austin and Corpus Christi, and we're one of Texas premier website design and custom software programming companies. With clients around the U.S. and the world, our goals are to provide the best service and the best product. Come help us be the best in Texas.
Send resumes, links to your work, or zipped files to the email address below. You will hear back from us!